The Benefits of a Furnace Tune-up
Furnace manufacturers all recommend annual inspections and maintenance by a qualified technician. The furnace tune-up service consists of
- Run test the furnace
- Inspect interior of the furnace for rust or mold.
- Inspect exterior of the furnace
- Test all furnace safety mechanisms
- Test blower motor amperage
- Clean burners
- Inspect flue and exhaust port for obstructions
- Safety check condenser fan blades.
- Complete supply and return plenum Inspection
- Remove and clean existing air filters
- Measure temperature difference in supply/return
- Inspect humidification system if applicable
- Search combustion air vents for leaks and obstructions